A lot of you have been asking about these features lately, so we're excited to announce they're ready for the spotlight!
Up first, you'll now be able to export your own customer data at any time! Ever needed a quick list of all your subscribers for an email campaign? Well, now you have it! You're even able to narrow it down by product, to gather a specific list of just your customers subscribed to a certain product.
Another huge feature is the ability to create product specific coupon codes! No more having your coupon codes giving a discount to the entire cart. Just use the handy product selector in the coupon code area, and you can pick which ones you want the coupon to work on. It's as easy as that!
Click here to learn more about coupon codes, including this new feature!
Next, we've got a big overhaul on how Google Analytics ties in with the app. We've made it much easier to set your account up in the first place. Now you'll just need your UA tracking code and we'll generate the rest. We've kept the option to get to the advanced settings though, so if you need to make any edits, you still can.
On top of that, we've added two new triggers that can create events for better tracking of your customers. Including these two new ones, you'll be able to track when someone lands on the checkout page, when they click continue after entering their payment info, and of course, when they actually complete the order!
We've also added a brand new section to the app where you'll be able to see a full customer history. You'll be able to see things like when their order was updated, credit card changes, address changes, and much more.
You'll also able to set up a customer tag that can automatically tag (just like Shopify's customer tagging) active subscribers, and automatically change the tag if they become inactive. For all of our customers also using Bold's Customer Pricing app, you know how amazing this is! This will allow you offer exclusive discounts to your subscribers who have this tag on their account.
Plus there's so much more packed into this release!
Recurring Orders is the ONLY subscriptions app built specifically for Shopify that allows subscriptions on individual products, a mixed cart (one-time and recurring), or an entire cart!
You have full control over the orders by managing product quantities, updating credit card info, updating addresses and even skipping orders if the customer is away on vacation. You and your customers will love it!
Here are the rest of the improvements:
- Added Beanstream as a payment gateway
- Added Elavon as a payment gateway
- Added logos for all payment gateways in settings
- Added a text area in the “Manage Subscription” page to show a customer when a subscription will expire
- Added the ability in the back end to import notes when importing to Recurring Orders
And all the bugs that have been fixed:
- Fixed an issue some shop owners were experiencing with Google Analytics where errors were generating from the snippet and rendering the analytics URL.
- Fixed an error that was happening when customers attempted to change their shipping address or their shipping method.
- Made some improvements with how Authorize.net handles and communicates billing addresses being sent with the payment request.
- Fixed an issue where the “Complete Subscription” button was not being styled as a button automatically in Single Product mode.
- Fixed an issue where the order subtotal was displaying as calculated wrong if a coupon code existing in both RO and Shopify. Customer was charged correctly, but it displayed wrong.
- “/” were generating from apostrophes in the Manage Subscription page. This will no longer occur.