Wanna know the secret to massive success?
Constantly learning and pushing yourself to step up your game.
One of the best ways to do that is by following the best eCommerce blogs on the internet. The wealth of free information these eCommerce marketers are pumping out is staggering!
I’ll let them do the talking.
The 11 best eCommerce blogs
Here’s how we’ll do this: I’ll list each of the 11 blogs you should follow, along with two or three of their best blog posts you can get immediate value out of.
We've found everything from marketing blogs by real eCommerce business owners to Google Analytics specialists, Facebook ad gurus, and more. All to help you grow an eCommerce business.
Let’s get started!
#1: A Better Lemonade Stand
If there’s one thing I absolutely love about Richard’s blog, it’s the design. His whole site just looks so darn sexy. He uses great modern designs for all his images.
But more than that, I love how helpful his posts are. I mean, they’re packed full of raw value and actionable step-by-step advice.
Here are some of my favorite posts to help you run an online store:
- How to Increase Website Traffic: 6 (of 50) Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Online Business
- The 2017 Guide to Ecommerce Keyword Research
- Inventory Management 101: The Short Guide for Ecommerce Entrepreneurs
Shopify is probably the biggest eCommerce platform in the world right now. They’ve revolutionized the way people sell things online.
What I like about Shopify's eCommerce blog is their diverse coverage of nearly every retail business topic imaginable, from site design to online marketing, product selection, and more.
I also love that almost every other blog on this list has written a guest post for Shopify at one point or another. They have some of the best online retail minds in the world writing for them.
Rather than listing a few posts (they have literally thousands), I’ll just leave you with one post that covers their best:
#3: Shopify Plus
Shopify Plus is Shopify’s sister blog targeting more advanced eCommerce marketing tactics. In fact, they’re targeting enterprises, not small to medium businesses who just started selling online.
If you’re making the big bucks (at least seven figures), you can learn a lot here. They want to take you to eight figures and beyond.
Here are a few great reads:
- What Sets Top Performing Ecommerce Companies Apart?
- Why the Three Worst Lies in Business Are the Ones We Tell Ourselves
- Introducing Wholesale: Your Next High Growth Sales Channel
Shopify isn't the only eCommerce platform out there. BigCommerce is their biggest competitor.
While I feel many of the BigCommerce blog posts aren't quite as professionally executed as Shopify’s, they do have a lot of great content worth reading. They're still one of the best eCommerce blogs to follow! Especially now that Tracey Wallace is heading their eCommerce marketing blog efforts.
Here are a few of their best blog posts:
- 7 Photography Best Practices for Online Fashion Merchandising
- 78 Best Ecommerce Website Design Examples & Award Winners
- How Classified T-Shirts Secretly Became the U.S.’s Fastest Growing Online Apparel Retailer
SaleHoo is primarily a supplier directory. While they’ve had a blog for a long time, they’ve really started stepping up their game recently.
(I should know - they hired me to write for them! ;) )
Their blog focuses heavily on dropshipping. They have a complete guide to dropshipping and discuss the pros and cons of tools like AliExpress, among others.
Here are some good reads:
- How to Solve Common Communication Problems with Suppliers
- The Ultimate Dropshipper List of 60 Suppliers [Fully Categorized]
#6: Traffic and Sales
Felix’s blog is still fairly young and doesn’t have as much content as many of the other blogs on this list, but it’s still a great place to find practical info.
The main advantage to Felix’s articles are that they’re different than many of the other things out there. He seems to be diving into different topics than what the bigger blogs are covering, so you get a different angle on things.
Here are his most popular write ups:
- Ecommerce and UGC: How to appear more human to your customer
- 5 Tips for Designing a High Converting Website Pop Up (Plus 4 Bonus Conversion Tactics)
- 3 No-Cost eCommerce Marketing Strategies to Increase Conversions to your New Shopify Store
#7: eCommerce Genome by Compass
The eCommerce Genome is Compass’s online retail blog.
Because their main product is an eCommerce dashboard that allows you to see your data and benchmarks, many of their posts are data-driven. Which is great, since it’s better to make decisions based off proven data than hunches.
Some of their most popular include:
- Ecommerce Conversion Rates – 2016 Benchmarks
- Page Load Time: How to optimize your site and increase revenue
- 4 Emails to Boost Your Business Revenue
#8: Practical eCommerce
Practical eCommerce is a publication created by Kerry and Joy Murdock in 2005. Its mission is to “provide down-to-earth articles and commentary to help ecommerce businesses.”
Like Shopify, Practical eCommerce covers almost every topic under the sun and includes experts from all over the world.
Like the name suggests, they also provide a lot of practical tips for practitioners. If you’re willing to put in the work, their articles can really move the needle in your business.
Here are a few posts I love:
- Use Direct Mail to Attract New Ecommerce Customers
- 5 Ecommerce Site Design Trends for 2017
- 5 Ecommerce Content Marketing Trends for 2017
Our partners ReferralCandy run a mean blog (in a good way)!
These guys are all about (you might have guessed it) getting more referrals. Which is great, because referrals are basically free customers. And high lifetime value customers, too!
Start with these articles:
- The Future Of Marketing Is A Return To Word-of-Mouth
- The 4 Prevailing Complaints About Millennials (And What We Should Do About It)
- The 15 Best Podcasts That Ecommerce Entrepreneurs Should Be Listening To
#10: eCommerce Fuel
eCommerce Fuel is a stellar blog run by Andrew Youderian, a long-time eCom-obsessed store owner. He’s run several shops, including Trolling Motors, which he actually sold for $200k and mapped out the whole process.
Again, the reason Andrew made it to this list is because his advice was hard-won. He has the experience of running six and seven figure stores, and coaching others to do the same. His articles and guides are mapped out with screenshots and all the little details so you don’t miss a thing.
As an added bonus, Andrew and his team also run an eCommerce podcast! So you get the best of both worlds.
Here’s the best of eCom Fuel:
- 7 eCommerce Predictions for the Next Decade
- What Virtual Reality Means for eCommerce
- Managing a Large Virtual Team with Ezra Firestone
We saved the best for last! ;)
In all seriousness, Bold is making a big stamp in the world of eCommerce blogging. We’re putting out one or two powerful posts per week, backed by real-world examples, data, and interviews with hundreds of other online store owners just like you.
Here are some of the best articles we’ve written so far:
- Switching to Shopify: 13 store owners share their experiences
- The best free traffic sources to grow your online store
- 11 Easy things you can do today to decrease cart abandonment
And there you have it! The 11 best eCommerce blogs on the web. These publications are the best resources for online retailers to learn and grow.
Selling online isn't easy. You need to learn how to start an online store, how to build your website, how to source products, how to run Facebook ads, how to install Google Analytics, and other eCommerce best practices...
But these top eCommerce blogs share the best digital marketing and growth hacking tips on the web. So start learning!
Did we miss anyone? What are YOUR favorite blogs to help grow your online store? Let us know in the comments!