Sending emails is the still the most effective way to stay in touch with your customers, keeping them informed, and encouraging repeat business.
Email marketing provides the highest ROI for modern day marketers.
In this blog, we’ll cover nine triggered emails you should be sending to keep your customers happy, encourage repeat business, and increase your bottom line.
9 Emails You Should Be Sending
1. The Welcome Email: Thank prospective customer for subscribing and welcome to the family!
This is your first opportunity to let the customer know giving you their email address was the right decision. Tell them more about your company, let them know what’s to come, and why they should stick around.
2. The Welcome Follow Up Email: Educate, inform, upsell.
Keep your prospective customers interested by showing off your top sellers and favourite collections. Offer them a one-time incentive encouraging them to buy. 70% of people make use of coupons or discounts they learn about from email.
3. The First Purchase Email: - Welcome first time buyers and thank customers for making their first purchase.
Send this email shortly after a customer makes first purchase and offer them an appreciation discount on next purchase while they’re excited about their purchase and you’re top of mind.
4. The Post Purchase Follow Up Email: - Check in, ask for feedback!
This email is designed to nurture your new relationship, see if the customer’s product arrived as expected, and ask for feedback.
Doesn't it feel good to get exceptional customer service?
5. The Feature Product Email: - Educate customers on a specific product and show the benefits.
This is your opportunity to feature new products or collections. Including recommended products is a great way to upsell customers in this email.
6. The Product Recommendations Email: - Provide data driven product recommendations.
Using Rare’s predictive email marketing app, you can easily recommend products to your customers based on their Shopify buying history. Another great feature is having the ability to send customers incentives at the time they’re most likely to buy!
7. The Idle Customer Email: - Wake up and win back your customer.
If it’s been more than six 6 months since a customer made a purchase, it’s time to remind them. Let them know you’ve missed them, that it’s been awhile since you’ve seen them, and show them what they’ve missed. Offering an incentive might be a great way to win to win them back. ;)
8) The Abandoned Cart Email: - Remind the customer they left items in their cart, encourage them to complete checkout.
Sometimes you add an item to your online shopping cart, get distracted somehow, and genuinely forget about the item all together. Then, all of a sudden, you get an email in your inbox reminding you that your item is still in the cart.
Magic? No. Abandoned cart email. Encourage checkout completion and send email one hour and/or 24 hours after an item is abandoned.
9) The Bulk Mailer: -Wake up prospects and idle customers and/or encourage repeat business with a special sale.
It goes without saying that people love getting free stuff and exclusive deals.
Keep your customers informed of your existing eCommerce marketing efforts, holiday deals, seasonal collections, or awesome announcements about your store.
Before Sending Any Email
Make sure it has the following:
- Compelling subject line
- One central idea
- One clear call to action
Next, prepare yourself for repeat business and new email marketing revenue, because your customers are going to love getting your emails!
What type of emails are you sending to your customers? Let us know in the comments below!