Introducing the new Bold Subscriptions on Shopify
by John Bruce | 1 minute read
We're excited to announce our launch of the new Bold Subscriptions on Shopify! It's fully integrated with the Shopify checkout so your customers can purchase both recurring and one-time purchases in the same place at the same time.
Plus, you can access our robust APIs and webhooks for advanced customization of your subscription program.
Here's everything you need to know about the new Bold Subscriptions on Shopify.
What's new & exciting:
- The new Bold Subscriptions is directly integrated with the Shopify checkout. This means easier setup and a single checkout for both recurring and one-time purchases.
- You can easily enhance your subscription program with compatible apps that also integrate with the Shopify checkout.
- Get access to advanced customization for your subscription setup, onboarding flow, customer portal, and more with our advanced APIs and webhooks designed with developers in mind.
- Pricing will be announced at release.
What this means for brands with an existing subscription offering:
- Migrations from any existing subscriptions platform (including Bold Subscriptions V1) will not be available at launch, but you can sign up to get notified when migrations are available!
- Third party subscription apps that are integrated with the Shopify checkout, including the new Bold Subscriptions, require Shopify Payments to be used as the payment gateway.
- Shopify Plus stores with custom storefront APIs are not compatible with the new Bold Subscriptions at this time.
- The current Bold Subscriptions V1 app will not be affected by this launch and will continue to work as it does today.
- Downloading or installing Bold Subscriptions V1 will not be possible after the new Bold Subscriptions has launched, so be sure to keep V1 installed so your subscription offering can stay active until migrations are available.
Be first in line for migrations!
Sign up to stay updated on announcements, news, and migration availability for the new Bold Subscriptions on Shopify.
You can also check out our live Q&A session to familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of the new app.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Merchant Success team!
- Product updates
- Bold Subscriptions